Moshi iGlaze for MacBook Air
Obviously people love the MacBook Air for a lot of reasons, but the thickness—or thinness, rather—is chief among them. That’s not to say it can’t benefit from some added protection, though; after all, this is an Apple product we’re talking about. Moshi is ready to join the MacBook case party with the imminent release of iGlaze ($55-$60). This super-thin shell may be just the thing to prevent dents and scratches while still maintaining the Air’s slim figure—and it’s available in clear, translucent white, or translucent black versions. Updated May 31, 2012 with additional pictures and hands-on impressions!
iGlaze comes in two pieces. The bottom not only has raised rubber feet, but also leaves the fan exposed so that your computer doesn’t overheat. It doesn’t obstruct any of the ports either, so you’re still able to connect your power adapter, use USB and Thunderbolt accessories, and pop in an SD card if you’re using the 13” Air; versions are available for both 11” and 13” models. The second piece snaps onto the top, and the colored versions allow the Apple logo to glow through. We found that both pieces snap on easily, although the bottom leaves a little bit more of the back corner exposed than we expected. It’s a little thicker than Power Support’s Air Jacket Set, but definitely not unreasonable. We like the way the Apple logo glows through the black version; it reminds us of the “BlackBook” of years ago. Overall it seems like a smart, unobtrusive way to protect your MacBook Air.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?