Moshi iGlaze for MacBook Air
Obviously people love the MacBook Air for a lot of reasons, but the thickness—or thinness, rather—is chief among them. That’s not to say it can’t benefit from some added protection, though; after all, this is an Apple product we’re talking about. Moshi is ready to join the MacBook case party with the imminent release of iGlaze ($55-$60). This super-thin shell may be just the thing to prevent dents and scratches while still maintaining the Air’s slim figure—and it’s available in clear, translucent white, or translucent black versions. Updated May 31, 2012 with additional pictures and hands-on impressions!
iGlaze comes in two pieces. The bottom not only has raised rubber feet, but also leaves the fan exposed so that your computer doesn’t overheat. It doesn’t obstruct any of the ports either, so you’re still able to connect your power adapter, use USB and Thunderbolt accessories, and pop in an SD card if you’re using the 13” Air; versions are available for both 11” and 13” models. The second piece snaps onto the top, and the colored versions allow the Apple logo to glow through. We found that both pieces snap on easily, although the bottom leaves a little bit more of the back corner exposed than we expected. It’s a little thicker than Power Support’s Air Jacket Set, but definitely not unreasonable. We like the way the Apple logo glows through the black version; it reminds us of the “BlackBook” of years ago. Overall it seems like a smart, unobtrusive way to protect your MacBook Air.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?