Moshi iGlaze for MacBook Air
Obviously people love the MacBook Air for a lot of reasons, but the thickness—or thinness, rather—is chief among them. That’s not to say it can’t benefit from some added protection, though; after all, this is an Apple product we’re talking about. Moshi is ready to join the MacBook case party with the imminent release of iGlaze ($55-$60). This super-thin shell may be just the thing to prevent dents and scratches while still maintaining the Air’s slim figure—and it’s available in clear, translucent white, or translucent black versions. Updated May 31, 2012 with additional pictures and hands-on impressions!
iGlaze comes in two pieces. The bottom not only has raised rubber feet, but also leaves the fan exposed so that your computer doesn’t overheat. It doesn’t obstruct any of the ports either, so you’re still able to connect your power adapter, use USB and Thunderbolt accessories, and pop in an SD card if you’re using the 13” Air; versions are available for both 11” and 13” models. The second piece snaps onto the top, and the colored versions allow the Apple logo to glow through. We found that both pieces snap on easily, although the bottom leaves a little bit more of the back corner exposed than we expected. It’s a little thicker than Power Support’s Air Jacket Set, but definitely not unreasonable. We like the way the Apple logo glows through the black version; it reminds us of the “BlackBook” of years ago. Overall it seems like a smart, unobtrusive way to protect your MacBook Air.
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today