Moshi iGlaze for MacBook Air
Obviously people love the MacBook Air for a lot of reasons, but the thickness—or thinness, rather—is chief among them. That’s not to say it can’t benefit from some added protection, though; after all, this is an Apple product we’re talking about. Moshi is ready to join the MacBook case party with the imminent release of iGlaze ($55-$60). This super-thin shell may be just the thing to prevent dents and scratches while still maintaining the Air’s slim figure—and it’s available in clear, translucent white, or translucent black versions. Updated May 31, 2012 with additional pictures and hands-on impressions!
iGlaze comes in two pieces. The bottom not only has raised rubber feet, but also leaves the fan exposed so that your computer doesn’t overheat. It doesn’t obstruct any of the ports either, so you’re still able to connect your power adapter, use USB and Thunderbolt accessories, and pop in an SD card if you’re using the 13” Air; versions are available for both 11” and 13” models. The second piece snaps onto the top, and the colored versions allow the Apple logo to glow through. We found that both pieces snap on easily, although the bottom leaves a little bit more of the back corner exposed than we expected. It’s a little thicker than Power Support’s Air Jacket Set, but definitely not unreasonable. We like the way the Apple logo glows through the black version; it reminds us of the “BlackBook” of years ago. Overall it seems like a smart, unobtrusive way to protect your MacBook Air.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?