Moshi iGlaze for MacBook Air
Obviously people love the MacBook Air for a lot of reasons, but the thickness—or thinness, rather—is chief among them. That’s not to say it can’t benefit from some added protection, though; after all, this is an Apple product we’re talking about. Moshi is ready to join the MacBook case party with the imminent release of iGlaze ($55-$60). This super-thin shell may be just the thing to prevent dents and scratches while still maintaining the Air’s slim figure—and it’s available in clear, translucent white, or translucent black versions. Updated May 31, 2012 with additional pictures and hands-on impressions!
iGlaze comes in two pieces. The bottom not only has raised rubber feet, but also leaves the fan exposed so that your computer doesn’t overheat. It doesn’t obstruct any of the ports either, so you’re still able to connect your power adapter, use USB and Thunderbolt accessories, and pop in an SD card if you’re using the 13” Air; versions are available for both 11” and 13” models. The second piece snaps onto the top, and the colored versions allow the Apple logo to glow through. We found that both pieces snap on easily, although the bottom leaves a little bit more of the back corner exposed than we expected. It’s a little thicker than Power Support’s Air Jacket Set, but definitely not unreasonable. We like the way the Apple logo glows through the black version; it reminds us of the “BlackBook” of years ago. Overall it seems like a smart, unobtrusive way to protect your MacBook Air.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?