NacSound Geminos Speaker System
Although North Americans usually enjoy early availability for Western-developed products, Europeans get exclusives on cool stuff, too. One example: NacSound’s Geminos Speaker System (£629/~$995), a pair of globe-shaped Italian-designed speakers that are only available from European Apple Stores for the time being; if you can get your hands on them, you’ll find them to be drool-worthy complements to your Mac.
Don’t let the lack of perspective in the image above fool you; the Geminos speakers are bigger than they look with a diameter of roughly 9.5”. They feature a frequency response of 38 Hz to 21,000 Hz and connect to your computer with a standard 3.5mm audio plug. The coolest feature is one you can’t see: instead of buttons, the speakers feature Magic Touch controls that allows power and volume to be controlled capacitively. It might just be time to take a trip overseas…
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?