Namco Bandai Games Time Crisis 2nd Strike
Stop and think for a second: just how many quarters have you dropped into Time Crisis arcade games over the years? If you’re anything like us, the figure is probably much higher than you’d like to admit. But right now, a single roll of those quarters is enough to let you play a new Time Crisis game as much as you want. After separate appearances on iOS devices, Namco Bandai Games has brought Time Crisis 2nd Strike ($10) to the Mac App Store—somewhat impressively, with a new GunCon control option.
Although it’s obviously just a port of the iPhone and iPad games, the Mac version of Time Crisis 2nd Strike definitely benefits from a larger display, coming closer to the family’s original big-screened arcade machines. As an on-rails shooter, the idea is to pop out from safe points, shoot some bad guys, and then duck back down to reload your weapon. Four weapons are offered, including a handgun with unlimited ammunition and three more powerful but ammo-limited alternatives. Also cool: Namco is offering a free iGunCon app for iPhone 4 and iPad 2, which leverages their gyroscopes to give Mac and some iOS device owners a motion-tracking gun and pedal controller alternative, albeit without the sort of aiming accuracy we’d have hoped for. Don’t worry, though, as the game’s default mouse and keyboard control system works very well, too.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?