Nifty MiniDrive + MiniDrive Pro
We only rarely cover Kickstarter projects, but we couldn’t resist Nifty’s fully-funded, smart MiniDrive and MiniDrive Pro ($30+). The company has created removable MicroSD card sleds that fit into the SD slots on the MacBook Air and Pro, respectively. Unlike a standard SD card, they sit flush with the edge of your computer, adding the ability to carry a spare hard drive around without any bulk. They’ll be available in a variety of colors including Mac-matching silver, with shipments starting in November.
Just slide a MicroSD card into MiniDrive, pop it into your computer, and it’s mounted like any other external storage. With capacities up to 64GB currently available, Nifty recommends using the space for daily backups that’ll survive even if something happens to the Mac. The MicroSD standard supports up to 2TB, so MiniDrive has the potential to become more valuable with time. With all its extra funding, we hope Nifty designs its own removal tool, though. Just like Apple in the early days of the iPhone, it recommends using a bent paperclip.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015