Nikon 1 AW1
The new Nikon 1 AW1 is more than just another camera body from the imaging company. The big deal here isn’t the sensor—which is respectable—but rather, the fact that the camera is super tough. Tough as in waterproof down to 49 feet, shockproof against drops up to 6.6 feet, and able to operate in sub-freezing temperatures, tough. It used to be that if you wanted a camera like this, you had to buy a cheap point-and-shoot, or splurge for an expensive housing for your DSLR. This provides a nice middle ground.
In terms of specs, you’re looking at a 14.2-megapixel sensor, 1080p video recording, altimeter, depth gauge, GPS, compass, and more. You can use any lenses you’d like, but to maintain a waterproof seal, you either have to attach the 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens that comes with the base package, or the 10mm f/2.8 that costs $200 more.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?