Nikon 1 AW1
The new Nikon 1 AW1 is more than just another camera body from the imaging company. The big deal here isn’t the sensor—which is respectable—but rather, the fact that the camera is super tough. Tough as in waterproof down to 49 feet, shockproof against drops up to 6.6 feet, and able to operate in sub-freezing temperatures, tough. It used to be that if you wanted a camera like this, you had to buy a cheap point-and-shoot, or splurge for an expensive housing for your DSLR. This provides a nice middle ground.
In terms of specs, you’re looking at a 14.2-megapixel sensor, 1080p video recording, altimeter, depth gauge, GPS, compass, and more. You can use any lenses you’d like, but to maintain a waterproof seal, you either have to attach the 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens that comes with the base package, or the 10mm f/2.8 that costs $200 more.
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Apple Music, iTunes movies and iBooks made available in China
- Google Maps gets Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada by late October?
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?