Professional and prosumer photographers know that full frame cameras offer a level of image quality well beyond the capabilities of cropped sensor cameras and phones. Historically, full frame sensors have been relegated to high-end DSLRs with equally high-end price tags. Now Nikon is making full frame technology much more readily accessible with the announcement of the D600. Theoretically, this camera is aimed at well-heeled amateurs, with the body ringing up at $2,100—low by full frame standards—while a bundle will sell for $2,700 with a 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens.
In terms of specs, D600 falls right in line with what you’d expect from a prosumer camera: it has a 24-megapixel CMOS sensor and ISO sensitivity ranging from 100 to 6400. Of course it shoots HD video, too, all the way up to 1080p at 30fps, most likely with much lower noise and superior low-light performance to what cropped sensor DSLRs offer. If you’re looking for a new DSLR, and prefer Nikon to Sony or Canon, this one should be seriously considered.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?