Professional and prosumer photographers know that full frame cameras offer a level of image quality well beyond the capabilities of cropped sensor cameras and phones. Historically, full frame sensors have been relegated to high-end DSLRs with equally high-end price tags. Now Nikon is making full frame technology much more readily accessible with the announcement of the D600. Theoretically, this camera is aimed at well-heeled amateurs, with the body ringing up at $2,100—low by full frame standards—while a bundle will sell for $2,700 with a 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens.
In terms of specs, D600 falls right in line with what you’d expect from a prosumer camera: it has a 24-megapixel CMOS sensor and ISO sensitivity ranging from 100 to 6400. Of course it shoots HD video, too, all the way up to 1080p at 30fps, most likely with much lower noise and superior low-light performance to what cropped sensor DSLRs offer. If you’re looking for a new DSLR, and prefer Nikon to Sony or Canon, this one should be seriously considered.
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?