Professional and prosumer photographers know that full frame cameras offer a level of image quality well beyond the capabilities of cropped sensor cameras and phones. Historically, full frame sensors have been relegated to high-end DSLRs with equally high-end price tags. Now Nikon is making full frame technology much more readily accessible with the announcement of the D600. Theoretically, this camera is aimed at well-heeled amateurs, with the body ringing up at $2,100—low by full frame standards—while a bundle will sell for $2,700 with a 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens.
In terms of specs, D600 falls right in line with what you’d expect from a prosumer camera: it has a 24-megapixel CMOS sensor and ISO sensitivity ranging from 100 to 6400. Of course it shoots HD video, too, all the way up to 1080p at 30fps, most likely with much lower noise and superior low-light performance to what cropped sensor DSLRs offer. If you’re looking for a new DSLR, and prefer Nikon to Sony or Canon, this one should be seriously considered.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?