Professional and prosumer photographers know that full frame cameras offer a level of image quality well beyond the capabilities of cropped sensor cameras and phones. Historically, full frame sensors have been relegated to high-end DSLRs with equally high-end price tags. Now Nikon is making full frame technology much more readily accessible with the announcement of the D600. Theoretically, this camera is aimed at well-heeled amateurs, with the body ringing up at $2,100—low by full frame standards—while a bundle will sell for $2,700 with a 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens.
In terms of specs, D600 falls right in line with what you’d expect from a prosumer camera: it has a 24-megapixel CMOS sensor and ISO sensitivity ranging from 100 to 6400. Of course it shoots HD video, too, all the way up to 1080p at 30fps, most likely with much lower noise and superior low-light performance to what cropped sensor DSLRs offer. If you’re looking for a new DSLR, and prefer Nikon to Sony or Canon, this one should be seriously considered.
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- iPad Air 3 case photos reveal Smart Connector support, four speakers
- Apple building team for secret virtual reality project
- Report: Apple aiming to unveil original, exclusive TV programming by September
- Wells Fargo, Bank of America ATMs to support Apple Pay?
- Report: Apple working on iPhone model with wireless charging
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Zagg Messenger Universal Keyboard
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC40BT QuietPoint Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!