Professional and prosumer photographers know that full frame cameras offer a level of image quality well beyond the capabilities of cropped sensor cameras and phones. Historically, full frame sensors have been relegated to high-end DSLRs with equally high-end price tags. Now Nikon is making full frame technology much more readily accessible with the announcement of the D600. Theoretically, this camera is aimed at well-heeled amateurs, with the body ringing up at $2,100—low by full frame standards—while a bundle will sell for $2,700 with a 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens.
In terms of specs, D600 falls right in line with what you’d expect from a prosumer camera: it has a 24-megapixel CMOS sensor and ISO sensitivity ranging from 100 to 6400. Of course it shoots HD video, too, all the way up to 1080p at 30fps, most likely with much lower noise and superior low-light performance to what cropped sensor DSLRs offer. If you’re looking for a new DSLR, and prefer Nikon to Sony or Canon, this one should be seriously considered.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?