Nikon D800 + D800E
Professional photographers, the wait is over. Nikon has finally announced two new DSLR cameras—the D800 and D800E ($3,000-$3,300)—and boy, do they have some killer specs. The first thing that jumps out is the whopping 36.3-Megapixel Nikon FX-format full-frame CMOS sensor, but also in the mix are an improved 51-point AF system, 3.2-inch LCD monitor, and 1080p video recording, with plenty of manual controls for videographers. Then there’s that special E model, which seems hell-bent on erasing the need for traditional medium-format cameras altogether.
Since basically all of the guts are the same, what’s the difference between the cameras? The pricier D800E features an optical filter with all the anti-aliasing properties removed, paving the way for even sharper images. The feature is not for everyone—repeating patterns can end up causing nearly-unremovable moiré—but it makes more of the 36-Megapixel sensor’s raw resolution-gathering capabilities, and will be a medium format-camera killer. Both models are up for preorder right now, but demand is high; don’t expect to get one right away unless you already have an order in.
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Apple loses German patent lawsuit over slide-to-unlock feature
- Best Buy expanding Apple Watch sales to all its stores in September
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Report: Apple ending One to One tutoring program
- Rumor: Apple working on health tracking ‘smart bands’ for Apple Watch
- Apple provides iPads to 114 schools through ConnectED program
- Apple to streamline Genius Bar, Workshop scheduling online
- Apple offering free replacements for some defective iPhone 6 Plus cameras
- Dr. Dre, Apple make statements on Beats co-founder’s abusive past
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- Wirelessky iStand 6 for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile Lounge Dock for Apple Watch
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?