Nikon D800 + D800E
Professional photographers, the wait is over. Nikon has finally announced two new DSLR cameras—the D800 and D800E ($3,000-$3,300)—and boy, do they have some killer specs. The first thing that jumps out is the whopping 36.3-Megapixel Nikon FX-format full-frame CMOS sensor, but also in the mix are an improved 51-point AF system, 3.2-inch LCD monitor, and 1080p video recording, with plenty of manual controls for videographers. Then there’s that special E model, which seems hell-bent on erasing the need for traditional medium-format cameras altogether.
Since basically all of the guts are the same, what’s the difference between the cameras? The pricier D800E features an optical filter with all the anti-aliasing properties removed, paving the way for even sharper images. The feature is not for everyone—repeating patterns can end up causing nearly-unremovable moiré—but it makes more of the 36-Megapixel sensor’s raw resolution-gathering capabilities, and will be a medium format-camera killer. Both models are up for preorder right now, but demand is high; don’t expect to get one right away unless you already have an order in.
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?