Nikon J1 and V1 Mirrorless Cameras
The camera community has been expecting Nikon to release a mirrorless rival to Sony’s popular, smaller-than-DSLR interchangeable lens cameras for quite some time, and it finally happened last night: Nikon actually debuted two of them. The J1 ($650) and V1 ($900) bodies will both be available towards the end of October, sharing sensor technology, a new “CX” lens mounting system, and still/video capabilities, while diverging in body designs and frills.
Although J1 and V1 are distinct models, they have pretty much the same specs; V1 just has some upgrades. Both have 10.1 megapixel CMOS sensors, hybrid phase detection/contrast autofocus options, shoot 1080i60 HD video, and have electronic viewfinders. Nikon is claiming that the cameras sport “the world’s fastest autofocus,” and have been engineered to provide a superb balance of speed, usability, and image quality in a small form factor. With V1, you get some extra features such as an electronic viewfinder, electronic and mechanical shutters, broader accessory compatibility, a stereo input, and a magnesium alloy body. J1 has an internal flash and will be available in an array of five colors, while V1’s flash is external, and the body can be had in white or black. Both cameras will be sold as kits, including 10-30mm (27-81mm equivalent) lenses at their respective price points.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?