Nikon J1 and V1 Mirrorless Cameras
The camera community has been expecting Nikon to release a mirrorless rival to Sony’s popular, smaller-than-DSLR interchangeable lens cameras for quite some time, and it finally happened last night: Nikon actually debuted two of them. The J1 ($650) and V1 ($900) bodies will both be available towards the end of October, sharing sensor technology, a new “CX” lens mounting system, and still/video capabilities, while diverging in body designs and frills.
Although J1 and V1 are distinct models, they have pretty much the same specs; V1 just has some upgrades. Both have 10.1 megapixel CMOS sensors, hybrid phase detection/contrast autofocus options, shoot 1080i60 HD video, and have electronic viewfinders. Nikon is claiming that the cameras sport “the world’s fastest autofocus,” and have been engineered to provide a superb balance of speed, usability, and image quality in a small form factor. With V1, you get some extra features such as an electronic viewfinder, electronic and mechanical shutters, broader accessory compatibility, a stereo input, and a magnesium alloy body. J1 has an internal flash and will be available in an array of five colors, while V1’s flash is external, and the body can be had in white or black. Both cameras will be sold as kits, including 10-30mm (27-81mm equivalent) lenses at their respective price points.
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- iPad Air 3 case photos reveal Smart Connector support, four speakers
- Apple building team for secret virtual reality project
- Report: Apple aiming to unveil original, exclusive TV programming by September
- Wells Fargo, Bank of America ATMs to support Apple Pay?
- Report: Apple working on iPhone model with wireless charging
- Apple acquires LearnSprout, an educational software startup
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Zagg Messenger Universal Keyboard
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC40BT QuietPoint Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Keys Mini
- Noke Bluetooth Padlock
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!