NimbleBit Pocket Planes
NimbleBit’s games are the kind that suck you in and refuse to let go—at least one member of our staff had a pretty bad Tiny Tower addiction until he quit cold turkey. The developer’s latest title is Pocket Planes, including the just-released free port to the Mac. Once you’ve loaded it, good luck pulling yourself away from this airline simulator.
Pocket Planes is presented in the same 8-bit style as Tiny Tower, and tasks you with managing a fleet of airplanes as you travel around the world. You must maximize your profit by getting passengers and cargo to their destinations as you upgrade new planes and airports. Although you can buy in-game currency, you really don’t have to unless you want to rush things along. One of the coolest parts of the Mac version of Pocket Planes is iCloud syncing, which allows you to pick up the game from your iOS device and vice versa. Despite reports that the iCloud feature isn’t working properly, the rest of the game is ready to be enjoyed right now.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?