NLU Products BodyGuardz for MacBooks
To say that we’re fans of MacBook-protecting film would be an understatement: this is the very first accessory we order after buying a new laptop. Burned by Zagg InvisibleShield films that yellow and go brittle over time, we switched to NLU’s BodyGuardz ($22 and up) and haven’t looked back. The glossy clear film is eye-catching enough that Apple Store employees have asked us where to get it, and durable enough that we feel safe carrying MacBooks around with nothing else - or tossing them into bags for travel.
Initial installation requires patience and a little skill - read our past Backstage articles and watch NLU’s installation video for tips on how to moisten and then properly align the film, avoiding dust and removing air bubbles to guarantee a perfect shine. Once it’s done, your MacBook will look like it has received a car-like layer of clear coating, capable of resisting scratches on its largest surfaces, and even modestly absorbing small potential dings. The only downside is the price: a full set of film costs $50, but you can save a few dollars by buying top and bottom film while leaving out the unnecessary wrist and track pad covers. Alternately, you can buy film just for one surface, starting at $22. Two to three years after installing BodyGuardz, our aluminum MacBook Pros and Airs look brand new, and replacement film is free for the computer’s lifetime, so the full investment’s worthwhile in our books.
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?