NLU Products BodyGuardz for MacBooks
To say that we’re fans of MacBook-protecting film would be an understatement: this is the very first accessory we order after buying a new laptop. Burned by Zagg InvisibleShield films that yellow and go brittle over time, we switched to NLU’s BodyGuardz ($22 and up) and haven’t looked back. The glossy clear film is eye-catching enough that Apple Store employees have asked us where to get it, and durable enough that we feel safe carrying MacBooks around with nothing else - or tossing them into bags for travel.
Initial installation requires patience and a little skill - read our past Backstage articles and watch NLU’s installation video for tips on how to moisten and then properly align the film, avoiding dust and removing air bubbles to guarantee a perfect shine. Once it’s done, your MacBook will look like it has received a car-like layer of clear coating, capable of resisting scratches on its largest surfaces, and even modestly absorbing small potential dings. The only downside is the price: a full set of film costs $50, but you can save a few dollars by buying top and bottom film while leaving out the unnecessary wrist and track pad covers. Alternately, you can buy film just for one surface, starting at $22. Two to three years after installing BodyGuardz, our aluminum MacBook Pros and Airs look brand new, and replacement film is free for the computer’s lifetime, so the full investment’s worthwhile in our books.
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Apple acknowledges iPad Pro charging problem, doesn’t have fix yet
- App Store rules may limit number of iPad Pro-specific apps
- iFixit tears down the Apple Pencil
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 4, tvOS 9.1 beta 3
- Apple expands NYC same-day delivery, brings personal pickup to Canada + Australia
- Apple apparently pulls HomeKit-incompatible devices from its stores
- Leaked photo shows official Apple Watch dock packaging (Updated: dock released)
- Foursquare added to Apple Maps business listings
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Logitech Create iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- Apple iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Lav
- Netatmo Rain Gauge
- Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless Speaker
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?