Nova Media iCON 461
Maybe you’re a jet setter, or perhaps you just don’t want to be locked into a cellular data contract. Either way, Nova Media’s iCON 461 (€179/$257) 3G USB modem could be a good choice if you want to access the Internet while traveling. What’s so special about it? It’s fully unlocked, meaning you can use any data-enabled SIM card to get online—a good way to go month to month on service, saving a few bucks on the road.
iCON 461 is optimized for pretty much any network, compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz frequencies. It supports HSPA speeds of up to 7.2 Mbit/s down and 5.76 Mbit/s up. In addition to the data, the stick has a few other cool features. There’s a GPS chip built in for location services, and the included software has a dedicated location window so you always know where you are. You can also pop in a MicroSD card (not included) and use the stick as a flash drive—up to 32 gigs.
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today