Nuance Dragon Dictate
It’s good to see a company continue to innovate, even when it’s the only game in town. There’s no real competition to Nuance’s Dragon Dictate when it comes to voice recognition, yet it keeps getting better. Just released, version 2.5 (Free-$300) is the latest step. It adds a slew of new features that are worth getting excited about. Existing 2.0 users get a free upgrade, while a digital download is $180, a boxed version is $200, and a copy with a wireless mic included is $300—although you probably won’t need that last one.
One of the coolest new features is the ability to use the Dragon Remote Microphone app on your iPhone or iPod touch as an input device, which means no more need for a separate mic or headset. If you’re using Word, you can now use your keyboard and mouse in addition to your voice; believe it or not, this breaks the company’s old “Golden Rule”. We also really like the new social media commands. Just say “post to” Twitter or Facebook and then your message, and it’ll pop right up. Give your hands a break and try talking to your computer.
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?