Nuance Dragon Dictate
It’s good to see a company continue to innovate, even when it’s the only game in town. There’s no real competition to Nuance’s Dragon Dictate when it comes to voice recognition, yet it keeps getting better. Just released, version 2.5 (Free-$300) is the latest step. It adds a slew of new features that are worth getting excited about. Existing 2.0 users get a free upgrade, while a digital download is $180, a boxed version is $200, and a copy with a wireless mic included is $300—although you probably won’t need that last one.
One of the coolest new features is the ability to use the Dragon Remote Microphone app on your iPhone or iPod touch as an input device, which means no more need for a separate mic or headset. If you’re using Word, you can now use your keyboard and mouse in addition to your voice; believe it or not, this breaks the company’s old “Golden Rule”. We also really like the new social media commands. Just say “post to” Twitter or Facebook and then your message, and it’ll pop right up. Give your hands a break and try talking to your computer.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?