Nuance Dragon Dictate
It’s good to see a company continue to innovate, even when it’s the only game in town. There’s no real competition to Nuance’s Dragon Dictate when it comes to voice recognition, yet it keeps getting better. Just released, version 2.5 (Free-$300) is the latest step. It adds a slew of new features that are worth getting excited about. Existing 2.0 users get a free upgrade, while a digital download is $180, a boxed version is $200, and a copy with a wireless mic included is $300—although you probably won’t need that last one.
One of the coolest new features is the ability to use the Dragon Remote Microphone app on your iPhone or iPod touch as an input device, which means no more need for a separate mic or headset. If you’re using Word, you can now use your keyboard and mouse in addition to your voice; believe it or not, this breaks the company’s old “Golden Rule”. We also really like the new social media commands. Just say “post to” Twitter or Facebook and then your message, and it’ll pop right up. Give your hands a break and try talking to your computer.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today