NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac Pro
Wait a second—a new peripheral for the Mac Pro? It’s been ages since we’ve seen virtually anything designed for Apple’s workhouse tower, but NVIDIA apparently hasn’t given up on the big old Mac yet. Announced today and coming later this year is Quadro K5000 ($2,249), one heck of a graphics card. It retails for just a few bucks less than the base Mac Pro itself, bringing improved performance and 4K video support to the table.
A followup to the Quadro 4000, Quadro K5000 is based on Kepler architecture and is said to offer two times faster graphics performance. The card is loaded with two DVI-DL ports, another two DisplayPorts, and 4GB of graphics memory. If you’re really serious about performance, up to two of these guys can be tossed in a Mac Pro. While it’s hard to imagine spending this kind of cash on a video card for gaming, professional-grade applications can benefit from the K5000’s rendering and resolution capabilities.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?