NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac Pro
Wait a second—a new peripheral for the Mac Pro? It’s been ages since we’ve seen virtually anything designed for Apple’s workhouse tower, but NVIDIA apparently hasn’t given up on the big old Mac yet. Announced today and coming later this year is Quadro K5000 ($2,249), one heck of a graphics card. It retails for just a few bucks less than the base Mac Pro itself, bringing improved performance and 4K video support to the table.
A followup to the Quadro 4000, Quadro K5000 is based on Kepler architecture and is said to offer two times faster graphics performance. The card is loaded with two DVI-DL ports, another two DisplayPorts, and 4GB of graphics memory. If you’re really serious about performance, up to two of these guys can be tossed in a Mac Pro. While it’s hard to imagine spending this kind of cash on a video card for gaming, professional-grade applications can benefit from the K5000’s rendering and resolution capabilities.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?