NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac Pro
Wait a second—a new peripheral for the Mac Pro? It’s been ages since we’ve seen virtually anything designed for Apple’s workhouse tower, but NVIDIA apparently hasn’t given up on the big old Mac yet. Announced today and coming later this year is Quadro K5000 ($2,249), one heck of a graphics card. It retails for just a few bucks less than the base Mac Pro itself, bringing improved performance and 4K video support to the table.
A followup to the Quadro 4000, Quadro K5000 is based on Kepler architecture and is said to offer two times faster graphics performance. The card is loaded with two DVI-DL ports, another two DisplayPorts, and 4GB of graphics memory. If you’re really serious about performance, up to two of these guys can be tossed in a Mac Pro. While it’s hard to imagine spending this kind of cash on a video card for gaming, professional-grade applications can benefit from the K5000’s rendering and resolution capabilities.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?