Ohanaware HDRtist Pro
HDR—high dynamic range—compositing is making big waves in the photography world right now, as strategic manipulation of the high and low color data from photos can result in some really cool effects. One way to achieve HDR effects is by combining underexposed and overexposed versions of a photo with a standard one, a trick Apple used in the Camera app of iOS 4 for iPhone 4s. The other option is to work with the data that’s in just one photo. Luckily, the new Mac app HDRtist Pro ($30) from Ohanaware lets you do both.
HDRist is a best of both worlds title, with one-click interface options for amateurs and much finer control for the pros. You can work with individual photos, either through presets or specific adjustments. The app also allows you to stack photos on top of each other to get true HDR. It’s all live too, so you can see your changes in real time. If you want to check it out before you drop the cash, there’s a two week free trial that’s definitely worth checking out. It’s available from the Mac App Store.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?