Ohanaware HDRtist Pro
HDR—high dynamic range—compositing is making big waves in the photography world right now, as strategic manipulation of the high and low color data from photos can result in some really cool effects. One way to achieve HDR effects is by combining underexposed and overexposed versions of a photo with a standard one, a trick Apple used in the Camera app of iOS 4 for iPhone 4s. The other option is to work with the data that’s in just one photo. Luckily, the new Mac app HDRtist Pro ($30) from Ohanaware lets you do both.
HDRist is a best of both worlds title, with one-click interface options for amateurs and much finer control for the pros. You can work with individual photos, either through presets or specific adjustments. The app also allows you to stack photos on top of each other to get true HDR. It’s all live too, so you can see your changes in real time. If you want to check it out before you drop the cash, there’s a two week free trial that’s definitely worth checking out. It’s available from the Mac App Store.
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?