OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual
If you need a solid amount of external storage space, value Thunderbolt, and want something with RAID capabilities, then check out OWC’s Mercury Elite Pro Dual ($430-$950). Coming in capacities ranging from 2TB to 10TB, it’s a smart and fast solution for backup, extra file storage, and anything else you might need an external drive for. It’s also going to bring back some memories of the big old silver Mac Pro—although this one’s black, the aesthetic is otherwise similar, and larger than the Mercury Elite Pro Dual Mini.
Most of the versions of Mercury Elite Pro Dual split their capacity between two 7200RPM hard drives, although there’s an option to get the 4TB edition with a hybrid of HDD and SSD. Each one comes with both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 cables, ensuring you can connect no matter which Mac you’re using. And they each can handle RAID 0, 1, span, or independent configurations, depending on what you want.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?