OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual
If you need a solid amount of external storage space, value Thunderbolt, and want something with RAID capabilities, then check out OWC’s Mercury Elite Pro Dual ($430-$950). Coming in capacities ranging from 2TB to 10TB, it’s a smart and fast solution for backup, extra file storage, and anything else you might need an external drive for. It’s also going to bring back some memories of the big old silver Mac Pro—although this one’s black, the aesthetic is otherwise similar, and larger than the Mercury Elite Pro Dual Mini.
Most of the versions of Mercury Elite Pro Dual split their capacity between two 7200RPM hard drives, although there’s an option to get the 4TB edition with a hybrid of HDD and SSD. Each one comes with both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 cables, ensuring you can connect no matter which Mac you’re using. And they each can handle RAID 0, 1, span, or independent configurations, depending on what you want.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?