OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini
Available in a wide array of capacities, ranging from 240GB of SSD storage to 3TB of traditional spinning hard drive space, OWC’s Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini ($192-$1,028) is more interesting than the standard portable hard drive. Each different model actually comes with two equal size drives, preset to either RAID-0 or RAID-1, based on your preference. If you want to take advantage of the total storage space, go with the former, and if you want data redundancy, choose the latter.
There are plenty of RAID systems out there, but few are this small, and portable. Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini can connect to your computer via USB 2.0, eSATA, or FireWire 400/800. If you’re using FireWire, it doesn’t even need an extra power source. For those who already have drives and just need the enclosure, it starts at $75.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?