OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual
If you need a solid amount of external storage space, value Thunderbolt, and want something with RAID capabilities, then check out OWC’s Mercury Elite Pro Dual ($430-$950). Coming in capacities ranging from 2TB to 10TB, it’s a smart and fast solution for backup, extra file storage, and anything else you might need an external drive for. It’s also going to bring back some memories of the big old silver Mac Pro—although this one’s black, the aesthetic is otherwise similar, and larger than the Mercury Elite Pro Dual Mini.
Most of the versions of Mercury Elite Pro Dual split their capacity between two 7200RPM hard drives, although there’s an option to get the 4TB edition with a hybrid of HDD and SSD. Each one comes with both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 cables, ensuring you can connect no matter which Mac you’re using. And they each can handle RAID 0, 1, span, or independent configurations, depending on what you want.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?