OWC Mercury Elite Pro Mini
The word “lots” is probably best to sum up the number of external hard drives we’ve seen over the years, so at this point it takes something special to jump out at us. Luckily, OWC is always up to the challenge, this time with the introduction of its Mercury Elite Pro Mini ($100-$970) drives. These guys hold a whole lot more than their tiny bodies would make you think.
The drives range anywhere from 250GB to 1.5TB in 5400RPM models, 320GB to 750GB in 7200RPM, and even come in 60GB to 480GB SSD versions. Each has a quad interface with four ports: two FireWire 800, a USB 2.0, and eSATA. And they’re bus-powered, so there’s no need to worry about carrying around an extra power cord in your bag; there are also $75-$85 conversion external enclosures that let you supply your own hard drive. If you’re looking for a small and cost-effective storage solution, well, you’ve just found it.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?