OWC Mercury Elite Pro Mini
The word “lots” is probably best to sum up the number of external hard drives we’ve seen over the years, so at this point it takes something special to jump out at us. Luckily, OWC is always up to the challenge, this time with the introduction of its Mercury Elite Pro Mini ($100-$970) drives. These guys hold a whole lot more than their tiny bodies would make you think.
The drives range anywhere from 250GB to 1.5TB in 5400RPM models, 320GB to 750GB in 7200RPM, and even come in 60GB to 480GB SSD versions. Each has a quad interface with four ports: two FireWire 800, a USB 2.0, and eSATA. And they’re bus-powered, so there’s no need to worry about carrying around an extra power cord in your bag; there are also $75-$85 conversion external enclosures that let you supply your own hard drive. If you’re looking for a small and cost-effective storage solution, well, you’ve just found it.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?