OWC Mercury Elite Pro Mini
The word “lots” is probably best to sum up the number of external hard drives we’ve seen over the years, so at this point it takes something special to jump out at us. Luckily, OWC is always up to the challenge, this time with the introduction of its Mercury Elite Pro Mini ($100-$970) drives. These guys hold a whole lot more than their tiny bodies would make you think.
The drives range anywhere from 250GB to 1.5TB in 5400RPM models, 320GB to 750GB in 7200RPM, and even come in 60GB to 480GB SSD versions. Each has a quad interface with four ports: two FireWire 800, a USB 2.0, and eSATA. And they’re bus-powered, so there’s no need to worry about carrying around an extra power cord in your bag; there are also $75-$85 conversion external enclosures that let you supply your own hard drive. If you’re looking for a small and cost-effective storage solution, well, you’ve just found it.
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?