OWC RAM for Mac Mini (Mid 2011)
Having only 2GB of RAM in any Mac really doesn’t cut it these days. Lion claims to only need that much, but everyone knows 4GB is the best starting point. That’s why we were pretty surprised to see that the base model of the new beefed up Mac mini still comes with 2GB. Apple let’s you double that for $100, and go up to 8GB for $300. Luckily there are companies like OWC with memory modules that are a lot less expensive—and they give you options Cupertino doesn’t.
All of OWC’s RAM for the Mac mini is DDR3 and 1333MHz. The 4GB kit—two 2GB chips—is only $38. That’s about a third of the price of what Apple offers. It’s only $80 for 8GB. Here’s the fun part: if you want to go even higher, the company offers 12GB for $750 and a staggering 16GB for $1,400. Now we don’t know why you’d spend more on RAM than the machine itself, but it’s nice to know you have the option. Trade in your old memory and you’ll save a few bucks. It’s not a ton of money, but better than letting the sticks just collect dust in a drawer.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014