Panic Coda 2
If you code web sites on your Mac, Panic’s Coda is probably already one of the key apps in your arsenal. Years after its original release, Coda is about to receive a huge update with the release of Coda 2 ($50-$100), which is coming to the Mac App Store on May 24, 2012. Over 100 new features are being added, including changes that radically improve the user interface—and let you work across two different devices at the same time.
There are too many new features to list them all, but some of the more important ones include code folding, scrolling tabs, GUI pop-ups for CSS, and a MySQL editor. A major addition for iPad users will be Coda 2’s ability to run in tandem with the new Diet Coda iPad app, enabling the tablet to display live previews of pages currently being coded on the Mac. If you’re going to download the app, we recommend doing so as soon as possible once it’s released: it’ll only cost $50 during the first day, before it shoots up to $75—a price Panic is calling “upgrade pricing for everyone.” At some point after that, it’ll return to the full $100 level.
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Apple Music, iTunes movies and iBooks made available in China
- Google Maps gets Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada by late October?
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?