Maybe you just got your first Mac. Or you’ve had one for years and need to transfer some files from an old PC. Either way, it can be a pain to move key files from a Windows machine if you don’t have a ton of experience or time. Apple Stores offer One to One membership services to do this for you, but you’ll need to pay a $99 fee. Luckily, Parallels has introduced Transporter, and for now, it’s only 99 cents. Plus tax.
Unlike Parallels’ amazing Windows emulator Parallels Desktop, Transporter is just for people who don’t need to run Windows on their Macs, but would still like their Windows files. It uses either your home wireless network or an external storage device to bring everything over. All of the files end up in the corresponding folders so that you don’t have to go hunting for them. The app even brings over Windows programs and other files in case you do decide to run a virtual machine later on. If you think you’re interested, hurry up: the App Store price will be going up to $40 in the near future. For a buck, it’s worth grabbing just in case of a future PC emergency.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?