Pioneer DDJ-ERGO DJ Controller
Pioneer’s DDJ-ERGO ($699) isn’t the first DJ controller we’ve seen for the Mac, but it is one of the coolest—and serious DJs will likely see the asking price as money well spent. This board is built from the bottom up to complement your Mac in everything from its physical design to the integration with Algoriddim’s Djay 4; it features a dock to hold a MacBook inside. And of course, it has all the other features you’d expect from a good DJ controller, including MIDI compatibility and a straightforward USB-to-Mac connection for power.
For those that don’t want to use Djay, DDJ-ERGO comes packed with a copy of Virtual DJ LE, and the MIDI compatibility allows for integration with plenty of other hardware and software. While the two-channel mixer is loaded with the standard array of inputs and outputs, the coolest feature of the rig is the Pulse Control. Four different illuminations appear on the buttons and platters: Mix Pulse shows the difference in pitch between the two songs playing, Beat Pulse lights up the channel faders to the beat, Launch Pulse signifies a press of the track load button, and FX Pulse shows the effect currently being applied via movements on the jog wheel. After all, there are never enough pulsating lights at a good party, are there?
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?