Plant Based Worml
Strictly speaking, the functionality offered by Plant Based’s Worml ($4*) isn’t unique to this new Mac App Store release, but this developer has pulled off peer-to-peer file transfers in a cool and easy way. Worml creates ultra-simple file-sharing connections between two machines in a manner that’s actually pretty similar to Lion’s native AirDrop feature, except with some real advantages: you don’t need to be on the same network as the person you’re sharing a file with, and soon there’ll be support for Snow Leopard too.
The concept is simple: launch the app and a spinning wormhole appears on your desktop. You can then drag and drop a document, link, text—really anything, there’s no size limit—onto the wormhole and send it to anyone else who’s using Worml. If they’re not Worml users, you can send a direct URL-style link to the file on your machine. Since it’s a Mac App Store title, you can install it on all of your personal machines, which could be great for families sharing files. We think it’s worth checking out at the introductory price of $4; we may reevaluate that position depending on how high the price goes, though.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today