Plant Based Worml
Strictly speaking, the functionality offered by Plant Based’s Worml ($4*) isn’t unique to this new Mac App Store release, but this developer has pulled off peer-to-peer file transfers in a cool and easy way. Worml creates ultra-simple file-sharing connections between two machines in a manner that’s actually pretty similar to Lion’s native AirDrop feature, except with some real advantages: you don’t need to be on the same network as the person you’re sharing a file with, and soon there’ll be support for Snow Leopard too.
The concept is simple: launch the app and a spinning wormhole appears on your desktop. You can then drag and drop a document, link, text—really anything, there’s no size limit—onto the wormhole and send it to anyone else who’s using Worml. If they’re not Worml users, you can send a direct URL-style link to the file on your machine. Since it’s a Mac App Store title, you can install it on all of your personal machines, which could be great for families sharing files. We think it’s worth checking out at the introductory price of $4; we may reevaluate that position depending on how high the price goes, though.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?