Promise Pegasus R4 + R6 RAID Storage Systems
Now that you can finally get your hands on Apple’s Thunderbolt Cables and Thunderbolt-ready Macs, you might just want to try some of the high-speed accessories that work with them. Pros and semi-pros out there can start snacking on this: the new Pegasus R4 and R6 RAID Storage Systems ($999-$1,999) from Promise. Don’t forget to snag one of those $49 Apple cables at the same time—it’s not included.
There are a total of four different models available. The R4 is sold populated with either 1 or 2TB drives, for a total of 4 or 8TB of storage; it’s the same idea with the R6, giving you a total of 6 or 12TB. Setting up RAID reduces the amount of usable space, but even the base model still has almost 3TB available. Two Thunderbolt ports are on the back of each drive—one for connecting to your Mac, the other for daisy-chaining more drives or other peripherals. They’re ridiculously fast: 10-20 times faster than USB 2.0, with bi-directional channels so you can edit and back up at the same time. Notably, the R4 runs at 500+MB/sec bandwidth, while the R6 achieves over 800MB/sec.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015