QisDesign BE Light
Although Apple would likely come up with a simpler design—and definitely a less complicated name—if it built lamps, QisDesigns’s BE Light ($490) certainly will complement your favorite Mac nicely. Sure, it costs as much as a new iPad, but the cool folding mechanism and premium materials are sure to appeal to design fiends who have some money to throw around.
Just like iMacs, MacBook Pros, and MacBook Airs, BE Lamp’s body is made of aluminum. What’s unique is the design; the lamp folds from a flat position only 1.8 cm high when not in use to a range of 33.4 cm at an angle of 135° versus 46.7cm at a 90-degree angle. The lamp uses LEDs, too, so there’s no need to worry about bulbs or glare. QisDesign uses light guide technology to evenly distribute the light. It’s an interesting alternative to the FLOS/Starck D’E-light, and outputs between 1200-2000 lux, depending on the height and angle you set it at.
- Apps of the Week: SimCity BuildIt, Run Sackboy! Run!, Star Wars: Galactic Defense + more
- Trent Reznor working on Apple music project
- Magazine publisher Fleishman explains iOS Newsstand’s failure
- Jony Ive: Apple Watch was a ‘design challenge’
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0