QisDesign BE Light
Although Apple would likely come up with a simpler design—and definitely a less complicated name—if it built lamps, QisDesigns’s BE Light ($490) certainly will complement your favorite Mac nicely. Sure, it costs as much as a new iPad, but the cool folding mechanism and premium materials are sure to appeal to design fiends who have some money to throw around.
Just like iMacs, MacBook Pros, and MacBook Airs, BE Lamp’s body is made of aluminum. What’s unique is the design; the lamp folds from a flat position only 1.8 cm high when not in use to a range of 33.4 cm at an angle of 135° versus 46.7cm at a 90-degree angle. The lamp uses LEDs, too, so there’s no need to worry about bulbs or glare. QisDesign uses light guide technology to evenly distribute the light. It’s an interesting alternative to the FLOS/Starck D’E-light, and outputs between 1200-2000 lux, depending on the height and angle you set it at.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?