QuickerTek AirPort Extreme AcHex Upgrade
QuickerTek has a proclivity toward making various Wi-Fi accessories, including add-ons for Apple’s base stations. Its latest product is AirPort Extreme AcHex Upgrade ($199-$598). Made for those who love the most recent AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule, but are dissatisfied with their range, the antenna system boosts the router’s output to three times its normal strength.
Seemingly a bit of a kludge, the system actually requires professional installation—it’s nothing something you can just snap onto your own AirPort Extreme. For $199, you can send in an existing AirPort or Time Capsule, and QuickerTek will install the system for you. Or, they can send you a fresh router with the antenna already installed, for a $199 premium over Apple’s standard prices. For a lot of people, it might make more sense, and be more affordable, just to install an AirPort Express for an wider Wi-Fi range.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today