Sanho was the first company to really make a splash with its external battery packs for MacBooks, but QuickerTek, more known for its Wi-Fi accessories, is in the game too. It’s just introduced the most recent version of EyeBattery ($280, aka Newest EyeBattery). Alongside the “most versatile” and “most powerful” options it also offers, this pack juices up any MacBook; there are separate versions for MagSafe 1- and MagSafe 2 equipped computers.
QuickerTek claims the battery will provide up to four extra hours of run time to a 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display, so we’d expect that 13” MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs would get even more of a boost. The aluminum box is relatively small, at 6.3 inches long, 2.9 inches wide, and an inch thick. It connects to your computer using a modified MagSafe cable, included with the EyeBattery. We don’t know how long Apple will let them get away with it, so if you’re in the market, you may want to strike sooner than later.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?