Sanho was the first company to really make a splash with its external battery packs for MacBooks, but QuickerTek, more known for its Wi-Fi accessories, is in the game too. It’s just introduced the most recent version of EyeBattery ($280, aka Newest EyeBattery). Alongside the “most versatile” and “most powerful” options it also offers, this pack juices up any MacBook; there are separate versions for MagSafe 1- and MagSafe 2 equipped computers.
QuickerTek claims the battery will provide up to four extra hours of run time to a 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display, so we’d expect that 13” MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs would get even more of a boost. The aluminum box is relatively small, at 6.3 inches long, 2.9 inches wide, and an inch thick. It connects to your computer using a modified MagSafe cable, included with the EyeBattery. We don’t know how long Apple will let them get away with it, so if you’re in the market, you may want to strike sooner than later.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?