Sanho was the first company to really make a splash with its external battery packs for MacBooks, but QuickerTek, more known for its Wi-Fi accessories, is in the game too. It’s just introduced the most recent version of EyeBattery ($280, aka Newest EyeBattery). Alongside the “most versatile” and “most powerful” options it also offers, this pack juices up any MacBook; there are separate versions for MagSafe 1- and MagSafe 2 equipped computers.
QuickerTek claims the battery will provide up to four extra hours of run time to a 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display, so we’d expect that 13” MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs would get even more of a boost. The aluminum box is relatively small, at 6.3 inches long, 2.9 inches wide, and an inch thick. It connects to your computer using a modified MagSafe cable, included with the EyeBattery. We don’t know how long Apple will let them get away with it, so if you’re in the market, you may want to strike sooner than later.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?