Sanho was the first company to really make a splash with its external battery packs for MacBooks, but QuickerTek, more known for its Wi-Fi accessories, is in the game too. It’s just introduced the most recent version of EyeBattery ($280, aka Newest EyeBattery). Alongside the “most versatile” and “most powerful” options it also offers, this pack juices up any MacBook; there are separate versions for MagSafe 1- and MagSafe 2 equipped computers.
QuickerTek claims the battery will provide up to four extra hours of run time to a 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display, so we’d expect that 13” MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs would get even more of a boost. The aluminum box is relatively small, at 6.3 inches long, 2.9 inches wide, and an inch thick. It connects to your computer using a modified MagSafe cable, included with the EyeBattery. We don’t know how long Apple will let them get away with it, so if you’re in the market, you may want to strike sooner than later.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?