Sanho was the first company to really make a splash with its external battery packs for MacBooks, but QuickerTek, more known for its Wi-Fi accessories, is in the game too. It’s just introduced the most recent version of EyeBattery ($280, aka Newest EyeBattery). Alongside the “most versatile” and “most powerful” options it also offers, this pack juices up any MacBook; there are separate versions for MagSafe 1- and MagSafe 2 equipped computers.
QuickerTek claims the battery will provide up to four extra hours of run time to a 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display, so we’d expect that 13” MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs would get even more of a boost. The aluminum box is relatively small, at 6.3 inches long, 2.9 inches wide, and an inch thick. It connects to your computer using a modified MagSafe cable, included with the EyeBattery. We don’t know how long Apple will let them get away with it, so if you’re in the market, you may want to strike sooner than later.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?