Rabbit, Inc. Rabbit
If you video chat on your Mac, you’re probably using Apple’s Messages or FaceTime apps. But even though Messages includes multi-person conferencing and a Theater for sharing files, the features are limited and somewhat buggy. Rabbit, Inc. is setting out to update video chat on the Mac with its new Rabbit app (Free), which is currently in closed beta testing.
Rabbit is designed to run in the background, enabling your contacts to pop in and out whenever they’re online. It’s easy to set up chats with any number of users, unlike the hard limit of four simultaneous people on Messages. The biggest advantage of the app seems to be sharing: Rabbit allows you to easily share videos and music from YouTube, Hulu, Spotify, and a number of other apps. It’s kind of like taking Google+ Hangouts to the next level. While the app’s in beta form, you can sign up for an invite on the company’s website, or get one from a friend who’s already in.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?