Rabbit, Inc. Rabbit
If you video chat on your Mac, you’re probably using Apple’s Messages or FaceTime apps. But even though Messages includes multi-person conferencing and a Theater for sharing files, the features are limited and somewhat buggy. Rabbit, Inc. is setting out to update video chat on the Mac with its new Rabbit app (Free), which is currently in closed beta testing.
Rabbit is designed to run in the background, enabling your contacts to pop in and out whenever they’re online. It’s easy to set up chats with any number of users, unlike the hard limit of four simultaneous people on Messages. The biggest advantage of the app seems to be sharing: Rabbit allows you to easily share videos and music from YouTube, Hulu, Spotify, and a number of other apps. It’s kind of like taking Google+ Hangouts to the next level. While the app’s in beta form, you can sign up for an invite on the company’s website, or get one from a friend who’s already in.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?