Rabbit, Inc. Rabbit
If you video chat on your Mac, you’re probably using Apple’s Messages or FaceTime apps. But even though Messages includes multi-person conferencing and a Theater for sharing files, the features are limited and somewhat buggy. Rabbit, Inc. is setting out to update video chat on the Mac with its new Rabbit app (Free), which is currently in closed beta testing.
Rabbit is designed to run in the background, enabling your contacts to pop in and out whenever they’re online. It’s easy to set up chats with any number of users, unlike the hard limit of four simultaneous people on Messages. The biggest advantage of the app seems to be sharing: Rabbit allows you to easily share videos and music from YouTube, Hulu, Spotify, and a number of other apps. It’s kind of like taking Google+ Hangouts to the next level. While the app’s in beta form, you can sign up for an invite on the company’s website, or get one from a friend who’s already in.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?