Rapid Turtle Games Starfighter Overkill
Back in the NES and SNES days, we had a blast with side-scrolling shooters with crazy power ups; think Gradius and all its sequels. That’s why Starfighter Overkill ($3) from Rapid Turtle Games has us excited. It’s not a clone, but this Mac App Store title definitely takes cues from classic arcade shooters, filling the screen with bullets, lasers, and of course, plenty of bad guys.
There’s no crazy strategy or even a lot of thinking when it comes to Starfighter Overkill. The goal is to simply blow up all of the enemies on screen while avoiding their shots and grabbing the power ups they drop. You also get a limited supply of nukes, lasers, and fireballs for when you get stuck or want to quickly do away with bosses. For three bucks, this one should keep you occupied for a while, or at least be a welcome break from a stressful day.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?