Raskin Software Raskin
As much as we like the Finder interface on OS X, we’re certainly not opposed to it being presented in another, better way. That’s exactly the idea behind Raskin Software’s Raskin ($25), available in the Mac App Store. Instead of multiple windows and lots of text, this app places everything in a zoomable interface that makes it easy to find what you’re looking for and work with those files. It’s named for Jef Raskin, a key member of the original Macintosh development team, and inspired by his work.
Instead of tiny images, Raskin prevents all of your files’ icons as thumbnails that are sized relatively to one another. To zoom in or out, you simply use a pinching gesture on your trackpad. If you’re big into photography, you’ll definitely appreciate the Light Table View, a feature that activates automatically when you insert a memory card or connect a hard drive containing photos. Version 1.6 of the software will be available as a free update shortly. It adds external drive support, and remember your settings with those drives between sessions.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iBattz Refuel Invictus for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?