Raskin Software Raskin
As much as we like the Finder interface on OS X, we’re certainly not opposed to it being presented in another, better way. That’s exactly the idea behind Raskin Software’s Raskin ($25), available in the Mac App Store. Instead of multiple windows and lots of text, this app places everything in a zoomable interface that makes it easy to find what you’re looking for and work with those files. It’s named for Jef Raskin, a key member of the original Macintosh development team, and inspired by his work.
Instead of tiny images, Raskin prevents all of your files’ icons as thumbnails that are sized relatively to one another. To zoom in or out, you simply use a pinching gesture on your trackpad. If you’re big into photography, you’ll definitely appreciate the Light Table View, a feature that activates automatically when you insert a memory card or connect a hard drive containing photos. Version 1.6 of the software will be available as a free update shortly. It adds external drive support, and remember your settings with those drives between sessions.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards