Raskin Software Raskin
As much as we like the Finder interface on OS X, we’re certainly not opposed to it being presented in another, better way. That’s exactly the idea behind Raskin Software’s Raskin ($25), available in the Mac App Store. Instead of multiple windows and lots of text, this app places everything in a zoomable interface that makes it easy to find what you’re looking for and work with those files. It’s named for Jef Raskin, a key member of the original Macintosh development team, and inspired by his work.
Instead of tiny images, Raskin prevents all of your files’ icons as thumbnails that are sized relatively to one another. To zoom in or out, you simply use a pinching gesture on your trackpad. If you’re big into photography, you’ll definitely appreciate the Light Table View, a feature that activates automatically when you insert a memory card or connect a hard drive containing photos. Version 1.6 of the software will be available as a free update shortly. It adds external drive support, and remember your settings with those drives between sessions.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?