Razer Taipan Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse
Macs may be more legitimate gaming machines than ever before, but that’s only on the inside. Apple’s peripherals still make terrible controllers for most games. If you’ve ever tried using a Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad in a first-person shooter, for example, you know what we’re talking about. Thankfully, the big game accessory companies are offering some better options. Razer’s Taipan Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse ($80) is one such device.
This wired mouse works for both lefties and righties, thanks to its symmetrical design. There are the standard two buttons on top, plus a pair in the middle beneath the scroll wheel, and two more buttons on both sides. In our testing, we loved the clickiness of those buttons; they both feel and sound great. The mouse effortlessly glides over a desk, thanks to smooth pads on the underside. One of the cooler elements of the whole setup is Razer’s Synapse app, which allows you to adjust the settings for your mouse and stores them in the cloud so they’re ready for you on any machine.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015