Razer Taipan Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse
Macs may be more legitimate gaming machines than ever before, but that’s only on the inside. Apple’s peripherals still make terrible controllers for most games. If you’ve ever tried using a Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad in a first-person shooter, for example, you know what we’re talking about. Thankfully, the big game accessory companies are offering some better options. Razer’s Taipan Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse ($80) is one such device.
This wired mouse works for both lefties and righties, thanks to its symmetrical design. There are the standard two buttons on top, plus a pair in the middle beneath the scroll wheel, and two more buttons on both sides. In our testing, we loved the clickiness of those buttons; they both feel and sound great. The mouse effortlessly glides over a desk, thanks to smooth pads on the underside. One of the cooler elements of the whole setup is Razer’s Synapse app, which allows you to adjust the settings for your mouse and stores them in the cloud so they’re ready for you on any machine.
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0