It’s been quite a while since Red started talking about the follow up to its Epic camera. But, finally, Scarlet has been fully revealed, as has its pricing and release date—the body will start at $9,750, and is expected to ship starting December 1, 2011. As far as high end cameras go, this guy is the real deal. It shoots stills at 5120x2700 (5K) resolution at 12fps, and 4096x2160 (4K) video at 25fps. Yeah, pretty ridiculous.
In terms of lens compatibility, the base model works has an aluminum Canon Mount; the more expensive ones sport titanium PL and Canon mounts. Of course the price only covers the body yourself, so you’re going to drop some more cash on accessories. If you just want to get started out of the box with the right stuff, a package containing the brain, lens mount, SSD side module, side handle, 5” touch LCD, Redvolt battery, 64GB memory card, Red Station base, and AC Power Adaptor will run you $14,015. It sounds expensive, but when you consider the fact that you’re shooting in a higher resolution than any consumer monitor can display, well, it’s still expensive. But worth it.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?