Re:form Designs Crunching Numbers G4
Devoted Mac users often keep their old computers around gathering dust, a reality that Re:form Designs has created a seriously cool repurposing business to address. Following up on an earlier version that used prior-generation Power Mac G3s, Crunching Numbers G4 ($600+) is the latest design from the company, turning two Power Mac G4 towers into one of the nerdiest tables around.
Every piece is custom made by the company, so no two are exactly the same. Re:form offers plenty of options to personalize the table, ranging from different finishes on the towers to different colors for the giant spring that connects them. Add $60 for handling plus additional shipping charges on top of whatever customizations you may choose and it’s certainly not a cheap option, but not crazy expensive, either, and certainly unique. If you’re looking to go even more old school, the earlier Crunching Numbers G3 is still available.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?