Re:form Designs Crunching Numbers G4
Devoted Mac users often keep their old computers around gathering dust, a reality that Re:form Designs has created a seriously cool repurposing business to address. Following up on an earlier version that used prior-generation Power Mac G3s, Crunching Numbers G4 ($600+) is the latest design from the company, turning two Power Mac G4 towers into one of the nerdiest tables around.
Every piece is custom made by the company, so no two are exactly the same. Re:form offers plenty of options to personalize the table, ranging from different finishes on the towers to different colors for the giant spring that connects them. Add $60 for handling plus additional shipping charges on top of whatever customizations you may choose and it’s certainly not a cheap option, but not crazy expensive, either, and certainly unique. If you’re looking to go even more old school, the earlier Crunching Numbers G3 is still available.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today