Restoration Hardware Aviator Wing Desk
Most of the desks we’ve featured in iLounge + Mac have the same kind of clean, modern aesthetic as your Mac. If you want something a little different, you’re going to love Restoration Hardware’s Aviator Wing Desk ($2,195). It’s much more 1940s than 2010s, but the balance of new and old works, and the desk offers a distinctive twist on Apple’s favorite metal.
The aluminum desk is in the style of a World War II fighter plane wing, complete with exposed steel screws. To complete the distressed look, there are plenty of nicks, dings, and scratches; the desk is one of those things that looks better as it gets more beat up. Three canvas-lined shelves on the right side provide some storage space. If you want to complete the look, you can check out the Devon Spitfire Leather Chair, which has a metal body with leather lining; there’s also a shelf system made with the same aluminum style.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today