Restoration Hardware Aviator Wing Desk
Most of the desks we’ve featured in iLounge + Mac have the same kind of clean, modern aesthetic as your Mac. If you want something a little different, you’re going to love Restoration Hardware’s Aviator Wing Desk ($2,195). It’s much more 1940s than 2010s, but the balance of new and old works, and the desk offers a distinctive twist on Apple’s favorite metal.
The aluminum desk is in the style of a World War II fighter plane wing, complete with exposed steel screws. To complete the distressed look, there are plenty of nicks, dings, and scratches; the desk is one of those things that looks better as it gets more beat up. Three canvas-lined shelves on the right side provide some storage space. If you want to complete the look, you can check out the Devon Spitfire Leather Chair, which has a metal body with leather lining; there’s also a shelf system made with the same aluminum style.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?