Rocstor Rocsafe MX Mobile
Term papers and cat pictures don’t merit top secret-level security, but if you’re toting around files that absolutely have to remain private, an average hard drive isn’t going to cut it. That’s why Rocstor has come up with the 750GB Rocsafe MX Mobile ($590) encrypted hard drive. Having just made its way into Apple’s online store with pre-formatting for Mac use, MX Mobile uses two-factor authentication to keep your data secure: you must physically insert a smartcard, then enter a PIN to make the drive’s contents accessible.
The drive isn’t just secure, it’s simple and reasonably fast too. There’s no setup or installation to worry about, and AES 256-bit hardware encryption is applied to the drive’s contents in real time. Although the connectivity options are a little behind the times—it relies on USB 2.0 or FireWire 800 instead of USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt—the functionality here is still interesting.
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?