Rocstor Rocsafe MX Mobile
Term papers and cat pictures don’t merit top secret-level security, but if you’re toting around files that absolutely have to remain private, an average hard drive isn’t going to cut it. That’s why Rocstor has come up with the 750GB Rocsafe MX Mobile ($590) encrypted hard drive. Having just made its way into Apple’s online store with pre-formatting for Mac use, MX Mobile uses two-factor authentication to keep your data secure: you must physically insert a smartcard, then enter a PIN to make the drive’s contents accessible.
The drive isn’t just secure, it’s simple and reasonably fast too. There’s no setup or installation to worry about, and AES 256-bit hardware encryption is applied to the drive’s contents in real time. Although the connectivity options are a little behind the times—it relies on USB 2.0 or FireWire 800 instead of USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt—the functionality here is still interesting.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?