Rocstor Rocsafe MX Mobile
Term papers and cat pictures don’t merit top secret-level security, but if you’re toting around files that absolutely have to remain private, an average hard drive isn’t going to cut it. That’s why Rocstor has come up with the 750GB Rocsafe MX Mobile ($590) encrypted hard drive. Having just made its way into Apple’s online store with pre-formatting for Mac use, MX Mobile uses two-factor authentication to keep your data secure: you must physically insert a smartcard, then enter a PIN to make the drive’s contents accessible.
The drive isn’t just secure, it’s simple and reasonably fast too. There’s no setup or installation to worry about, and AES 256-bit hardware encryption is applied to the drive’s contents in real time. Although the connectivity options are a little behind the times—it relies on USB 2.0 or FireWire 800 instead of USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt—the functionality here is still interesting.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?