Rogue Amoeba Airfoil 4.5
If you’ve ever tried to send audio from your Mac to other rooms in your house, you’ve probably run into a challenge—unless you’ve set up Apple TVs or AirPort Expresses everywhere, it’s tough, and even with those devices, you’re limited to streaming from iTunes. That’s unless you’re running Rogue Amoeba’s Airfoil ($25), which was just updated to version 4.5: this app is the perfect way to send audio to all of the Macs (or PCs) on your network, and not just from iTunes. It streams from any audio source on your machine, a trick that you can’t easily pull off otherwise.
Rogue Amoeba’s solution is actually composed of two computer apps—Airfoil and Airfoil Speakers—plus Airfoil Speakers Touch for iOS devices. Install the speaker apps on whatever computers and devices you’d like, and they instantly become remote speakers. AirPorts, Apple TVs, and AirPlay devices automatically join too. They appear within a list in the Airfoil controller on your main machine—you can then toggle them on and off from there. The newest version allows you to send audio from iOS devices to your computers, and receive audio on iOS devices from computers running iTunes. You can also control tracks on apps such as Spotify, Rdio, and Radium right from the Speaker app.
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?