Rogue Amoeba Airfoil 4.5
If you’ve ever tried to send audio from your Mac to other rooms in your house, you’ve probably run into a challenge—unless you’ve set up Apple TVs or AirPort Expresses everywhere, it’s tough, and even with those devices, you’re limited to streaming from iTunes. That’s unless you’re running Rogue Amoeba’s Airfoil ($25), which was just updated to version 4.5: this app is the perfect way to send audio to all of the Macs (or PCs) on your network, and not just from iTunes. It streams from any audio source on your machine, a trick that you can’t easily pull off otherwise.
Rogue Amoeba’s solution is actually composed of two computer apps—Airfoil and Airfoil Speakers—plus Airfoil Speakers Touch for iOS devices. Install the speaker apps on whatever computers and devices you’d like, and they instantly become remote speakers. AirPorts, Apple TVs, and AirPlay devices automatically join too. They appear within a list in the Airfoil controller on your main machine—you can then toggle them on and off from there. The newest version allows you to send audio from iOS devices to your computers, and receive audio on iOS devices from computers running iTunes. You can also control tracks on apps such as Spotify, Rdio, and Radium right from the Speaker app.
- Apple and GSMA in talks to adopt embedded SIM technology
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?