Running with Crayons Alfred
Think about how much time you spend searching on your computer. Whether it be on the web, rummaging through your file structure, or using Spotlight, chances are it’s a sizable chunk of your day. It makes sense then to have one centralized app for all your searching needs. That app exists, and it’s called Alfred (Free), from Running with Crayons. Alfred helps you find and launch any file or app on your computer, search the web, and more, all from your keyboard. Just hit your custom hotkey setup, type your query, and hit the on-screen combo to open your result.
If you’re looking to get even more out of Alfred, the Powerpack is available for £12 (about $19) for a limited time before it goes up to its full price. This is set for normal people and power users alike. It adds features such as an iTunes Mini Player, Address Book, and email integration, as well as Terminal shell scripts, AppleScripts, cross-computer sync and more. Alfred’s also available form the Mac App Store, but that version hasn’t been updated yet.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014