Getting ahead of the barrage of products that’ll be introduced at the International CES next week, Samsung has started to show off some of its latest inventions. Among its new gadgets is NX300 ($750), the newest version of its relatively small, mirrorless camera. In addition to updated specs, this one is packing something special: the ability to shoot stills or movies in 3-D when paired with a newly developed, separate f/1.8 45mm lens.
NX300 will ship with a 20-50mm kit lens, as well as a full copy of Adobe Lightroom. It’s packing a 20.3-megapixel sensor and the ability to reach ISO 25600, plus a 3.3-inch touchscreen on the back. The special lens uses a pair of LCD windows to achieve the 3-D effect, and early reports suggest that it works well; it’s presently unclear whether the lens will sell for $500 or $600. You’ll have your choice of black or white bodies and lenses when NX300 starts shipping in March 2013.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today