Samsung U28D590D 28-Inch Ultra High Definition LED Monitor
It’s not every day we’d recommend picking up a Samsung device while waiting for Apple to make its move, but there’s an exception to every rule. Samsung’s U28D590D 28-Inch Ultra High Definition LED Monitor ($700) will be available on April 18, 2014, likely before a 4K monitor makes it out of Cupertino. The price is almost certainly lower than what Apple would charge, too, making this an especially appealing option for users with Macs that support ultra-high resolution output.
This display is all about big numbers. Not only is it packing a 3840 x 2160 resolution—meaning there are more than eight million pixels—it can also display a billion colors. A picture-in-picture feature is pretty unique, as it allows two computers to be connected at once, with the screen showing both desktops, as well as traditional PIP. To connect, it has two HDMI ports that can handle at least 30Hz 4K video, plus a full-sized Display Port input capable of displaying 60Hz 4K video with the Mac Pro and likely future Macs as well.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?