Samsung U28D590D 28-Inch Ultra High Definition LED Monitor
It’s not every day we’d recommend picking up a Samsung device while waiting for Apple to make its move, but there’s an exception to every rule. Samsung’s U28D590D 28-Inch Ultra High Definition LED Monitor ($700) will be available on April 18, 2014, likely before a 4K monitor makes it out of Cupertino. The price is almost certainly lower than what Apple would charge, too, making this an especially appealing option for users with Macs that support ultra-high resolution output.
This display is all about big numbers. Not only is it packing a 3840 x 2160 resolution—meaning there are more than eight million pixels—it can also display a billion colors. A picture-in-picture feature is pretty unique, as it allows two computers to be connected at once, with the screen showing both desktops, as well as traditional PIP. To connect, it has two HDMI ports that can handle at least 30Hz 4K video, plus a full-sized Display Port input capable of displaying 60Hz 4K video with the Mac Pro and likely future Macs as well.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014