Sanho HyperJuice 1.5 External Battery for MacBook/iPad/USB
Sanho’s HyperJuice 1.5 ($170-$550) is an external battery pack for your Mac, ranging in capacities from 60Wh (16,000mAh) to 222Wh (61,000mAh). As you might guess, the large batteries allow you to juice up your favorite Mac on the go, and run for up to an extra 53 hours, depending on the machine and capacity you’re using. Each also has twin 12W USB outputs that are capable of recharging even the power-hungriest iPads at full speeds. The hitch: MacBooks use the proprietary MagSafe standard to draw power. As a result, there’s some work to be done before HyperJuice can make an electronic connection for charging. Update: We’ve received HyperJuice 1.5 to check out; click through for our thoughts!
Each HyperJuice 1.5 battery can be purchased in one of three packages. There’s the battery itself, with the Magic Box DIY kit and a car charger, or a fully modded setup, which also includes an 85W MagSafe Power Adapter and MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Adapter. The Magic Box walks you through what Sanho claims is a five-minute process of modifying an existing charger to connect to HyperJuice, requiring some light electrical work.
We received a fully modded 100Wh (27,000mAh) kit for review purposes, which retails for $350. Of course, since it came already set up, we didn’t have to go through the process, so we can’t speak to how easy or tough it may be; everything works how it should though. The 1.7 pound battery successfully kept us juiced up on a MacBook Air during the day, and the modified 85W charger has a secondary output, allowing you to fill up the battery and your computer at the same time. It’s also nice to be able to use the USB ports simultaneously. If there’s any real downside, it’s the physical size and the weight, but there’s nothing else that we can think of that provides the kind of backup power Sanho’s batteries do. If you find yourself traveling frequently, and without access to power, it’s worth considering, although newer, more battery efficient Macs may eliminate some of the need.
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?