Satechi 4-Port USB 3.0 Premium Aluminum Hub
When we first covered Satechi’s Premium 4 Port Aluminum USB Hub in the middle of 2013, we commented on its great looks, but concluded that we were “hoping Satechi quickly catches up with Apple and releases a USB 3 version of the Hub to match the new Mac lineup.” Well, here we are a number of months later, and the company has done just that. 4-Port USB 3.0 Premium Aluminum Hub ($50) is the natural evolution.
There’s just a single USB cable coming out of the bus-powered hub’s left side. The silver body and brushed metal end caps make it clear this accessory was designed to be placed next to Apple’s own peripherals. It’s plug and play, offering speeds up to 5.0Gbps. And all four ports glow blue, which is just cool. If there’s a downside, it’s the price, which is twice as high as the original model.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today