Satechi Aluminum External Hard Disk Enclosure + Multifunction Card Reader
Satechi has unleashed a pair of new aluminum clad accessories to go along with your Mac, and both are sporting USB 3.0—a very good thing for owners of more recent machines. Aluminum External Hard Disk Enclosure ($40) and Aluminum Multifunction Card Reader ($30) offer two different ways to transfer media to and from the Mac. The black and silver design means they’ll fit right in especially well with your favorite Apple computer.
Neither unit throws in any crazy functionality; they both do just what their names imply. The hard disk enclosure accepts 9.5 and 12.5mm SATA hard drives or SSDs, letting you turn them into external storage devices. In addition to USB, it can connect to your Mac via eSATA. Satechi’s card reader supports SD, XD, MS, TF, M2, and CF formats, making it a smart choice for people such as photographers who rely on different kinds of memory cards. It draws power from the USB port, so there’s no need for an extra plug.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?