Satechi Aluminum External Hard Disk Enclosure + Multifunction Card Reader
Satechi has unleashed a pair of new aluminum clad accessories to go along with your Mac, and both are sporting USB 3.0—a very good thing for owners of more recent machines. Aluminum External Hard Disk Enclosure ($40) and Aluminum Multifunction Card Reader ($30) offer two different ways to transfer media to and from the Mac. The black and silver design means they’ll fit right in especially well with your favorite Apple computer.
Neither unit throws in any crazy functionality; they both do just what their names imply. The hard disk enclosure accepts 9.5 and 12.5mm SATA hard drives or SSDs, letting you turn them into external storage devices. In addition to USB, it can connect to your Mac via eSATA. Satechi’s card reader supports SD, XD, MS, TF, M2, and CF formats, making it a smart choice for people such as photographers who rely on different kinds of memory cards. It draws power from the USB port, so there’s no need for an extra plug.
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?