Satechi Aluminum External Hard Disk Enclosure + Multifunction Card Reader
Satechi has unleashed a pair of new aluminum clad accessories to go along with your Mac, and both are sporting USB 3.0—a very good thing for owners of more recent machines. Aluminum External Hard Disk Enclosure ($40) and Aluminum Multifunction Card Reader ($30) offer two different ways to transfer media to and from the Mac. The black and silver design means they’ll fit right in especially well with your favorite Apple computer.
Neither unit throws in any crazy functionality; they both do just what their names imply. The hard disk enclosure accepts 9.5 and 12.5mm SATA hard drives or SSDs, letting you turn them into external storage devices. In addition to USB, it can connect to your Mac via eSATA. Satechi’s card reader supports SD, XD, MS, TF, M2, and CF formats, making it a smart choice for people such as photographers who rely on different kinds of memory cards. It draws power from the USB port, so there’s no need for an extra plug.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?