Satechi Smart Travel Router/Travel Adapter with USB Port
There are some combinations in the technology world that are hard to see coming. Satechi’s Smart Travel Router/Travel Adapter with USB Port ($45) is one of them. That’s not to say it’s a bad idea, but packing a world outlet adapter, router, and USB charging station into one device certainly isn’t something that would pop into our heads. To travelers though, this combination may in fact make a lot of sense.
A slider on the back of the block allows you to switch between UK, Europe, and USA/Australia settings, popping out the appropriate prongs when in position. This covers more than 150 countries, but it’s worth checking out the whole list to ensure coverage. Once the prongs are out, you can plug right in to the AC power port. A Ethernet port is used to turn the device into a Wi-Fi router, repeater, access point, or client. Finally, there’s the USB port, which supports 2.1-Amp charging, suitable for iPads and iPhones.
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple announces WWDC for June 8-12
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?