Sauder Studio Edge LS 1000 Workcenter
As the spiritual successor to the desk used by one of iLounge’s editors, Sauder’s Studio Edge LS 1000 Workcenter ($200) offers iMac, Mac Pro, and Mac mini users an affordable and fairly elegant way to set up a computer—maybe even two—in a corner. With twin tempered glass tops that are capable of holding even a 27” iMac with plenty of room to spare for peripherals and desktop work space, LS 1000 has a pewter-painted steel frame that works nicely with the lighter-colored aluminum Apple computers. A corner nook is right-sized for a printer or fax machine, assuming you still have a need for one of those.
Continuing the minimalist glass and metal design language of Studio RTA, a company it acquired some time ago, Sauder’s LS 1000 design still has a familiar slide-out metal keyboard tray beneath one of the glass surfaces, and distinctive legs to support all the weight on the glass. A plate on one leg provides support for a Mac Pro if you want to place it there, and levelers under the legs can adjust the desk to create a level surface on uneven floors. All you need is space for the Workcenter, which measures 65” wide by 65” deep.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?