Seagate Backup Plus
Unlike Thunderbolt, which is still being adopted at a trickle-like rate, USB 3.0 has seen quick and wide adoption from Mac hard drive makers. The latest to update its Mac drives with support for the speedier transfer standard is Seagate, with its Backup Plus Portable ($110-$130) and Backup Plus Desktop ($130-$180). They pack all the features you’d expect from Mac-specific backup drives, plus a few extras exclusive to Seagate.
In addition to out of the box support for Time Machine, the Backup Plus line includes Seagate Dashboard software for backing up media from your social networks as well. It can be setup to automatically download your pictures and videos from Facebook, Flickr, and other sites. If you decide Thunderbolt is the way to go, adapters are available for both models that let you use the even faster standard. The portable drives are available in 500GB or 1TB capacities, while you can get 2TB or 3TB of storage in the desktop models.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015