Seagate GoFlex Thunderbolt Adapter
We’ve been waiting for Seagate to release the GoFlex Thunderbolt Adapter ($100) for quite a while now: it was shown in June at the CEA LineShows in New York City, but the company said it would take time for the accessory to become available. Seven months later, it’s finally on Seagate’s website, so it’s time to get your Thunderboltin’ on.
The Adapter works with any of the company’s portable GoFlex drives, promising Thunderbolt speed improvements—up to 10Gb/second, says Seagate—without having to buy a whole new hard drive. It does only give you one Thunderbolt port though, which translates into no daisy chaining. Now we just have to wait patiently for the GoFlex Desk Thunderbolt Adapter to go along with the GoFlex Desk drives, a two-port accessory that’s expected to come out the second half of this year.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?