Shazam Entertainment Shazam
Shazam has been around for the iPhone since the earliest days of the App Store, and it’s one of those titles that’s really continued to get better with time. It’s not much of a surprise then, that the app has finally made it to the Mac; starting today, you can download Shazam Entertainment’s Shazam (Free) from the Mac App Store. The always-on tool lives in your Menu Bar, ready to name your tunes.
When it’s active, Shazam will passively listen for whatever is playing, and then display a notification once it figures it out. This works for not only songs, but TV episodes as well. Clicking on the app’s icon will display a list of your recently identified items, and from there you can either buy the tracks on iTunes, or click through for more information such as lyrics and associated tracks.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?