STM Dux for MacBook Air
We’ve seen STM’s Dux for both iPhone and iPad before, and now we have an early look at the MacBook Air edition of the protective case. STM’s Dux for MacBook Air ($60) is a transparent polycarbonate case with TPU edges for drop protection. Four textured rubber feet on the bottom of Dux prevent your MacBook from slipping on a smooth surface. We received the 13” MacBook Air version of Dux, but a 11” MacBook Air version should be available, as well. The 13” version should be released in late April/early May.
Dux comes in two separate parts to protect the top and bottom of a MacBook Air. Both parts clip on to the edges of an Air, but the design still allows for complete port access. Some users may rightfully be concerned about weighing down the light MacBook Air, as Dux for the 13” MacBook Air is 0.78 pounds. Considering the current 13” MacBook Air weighs 2.96 pounds, Dux will bring the total weight to 3.74 pounds, which is still about 0.76 pounds less than a current MacBook Pro. The amount of width and length added by Dux is minimal. If you’re not concerned about the extra weight, Dux is a nice protective option. It shows off the back of the MacBook, and its two-piece design allows for easy installation and use.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?